Cody's Life

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm in Big Trouble

So, the rain has set in. And the laziness. Even though I wrote the post on how bad it was not to exercise Cody, I quickly forgot my own advice.

Last Friday: I didn't take Cody out because I already had exercise session with my human personal trainer and I thought Cody would be tired since he was at PlanetPooch the day before.

Saturday: I was out late Friday night. Plus, I have not been sleeping well the last couple of weeks so Cody and I slept until 3pm. He didn't seem that antsy to go out, so I thought we'd skip exercising on Saturday and just go out really early on Sunday.

Sunday: I had no excuse. We woke up at 7:30 but I was lazy. I read my book while Cody was entertaining himself. In an effort to completely catch up on sleep, we took a nap from noon-4. I was feeling super guilty when I woke up, so from 4:30-5:30, we did go on a walk that included fetching balls, and playing with new and old friends.

Monday: I had a 7am meeting at work so we skipped the exercise. However, Cody did have a few wrestling sessions with Tina, Miya, and Belvie. I on the otherhand have gone 3 days without a real exercise session.

Tuesday: We woke up early to run. But it was pouring and Cody and I refused to go out. I'm hoping that I can get him a couple of wrestling sessions at work, and then maybe a short run this evening. My personal trainer, John, is going to kill me. If the 5K run I'm doing tomorrow doesn't kill me first.

In addition to this lack of exercise, I'm keeping Cody on puppy food since he has more energy. I'm going to seriously consider getting both of us a treadmill.



I really don't want Cody to look like this:






I used to think Cody was ok, until I saw this picture of a really cut vizsla when I was looking for a picture of a fat vizsla (apparently none exists in the Google image search) . It's like the vizsla version of muscle building.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home