Cody's Life

Monday, December 04, 2006

Exercise Quality

I don't know if other dog owners do this, but I measure the quality of Cody's exercise sessions in with the "poop quotient." That is, I count how many times he poops during an exercise session (each instance rather than the amount of poop)

For me, I use a heart rate monitor and I try to be "in the zone" for at least 30 minutes. For Cody, my equivalent measure is "2 poops".

On weekends, when we do 2 hour runs, we can get to 3 or 4 poops which is a huge success. Of course, there are other factors in play (mostly, when he last ate or last eliminated, and when we're running/exercising). Since Cody is now eating about every other day, a successful poop quotient ranges. Regardless, I've found that Cody needs a 2 poop minimum to make sure that he isn't a monster during the day.

If you have a dog, do you have a "poop minimum" to help you decide when they're properly exercised and how much is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home