Cody's Life

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Codini, the "Escape Artist" Part 2

In a previous entry, I wrote how Cody likes to escape from vehicles and rooms. Well, his abilities have advanced.

At work, we used to use the gate. The problem with the gate (other than Cody maneuvering the gate to escape) is that it makes it difficult for humans to enter and exit the room a well. What we started to do is attach Cody to a leash that gives him enough room to roam and to comfortably lie in his crate, but not enough to escape. He does have some problems getting him caught around my chair, but he usually seems calmer having him leashed rather than gated.

While I was talking to my colleague, LostElf, today, I suddenly noticed that Cody was no longer in the room. While we were engaged in a discussion, Cody apparently chewed through his leash and snuck through the door. Luckily, he now ends up at his human best friend's room (Jeff) who shares an office down the hall. Now I'm going to have to find some steel leashes (do they even make those). (Usually trainers recommend using Bitter Apple, but even though Cody doesn't like getting it sprayed in his mouth, it doesn't deter him from chewing on plaster or chairs or anything else).

However, I hear Houdini and other escape artists can get out of steel handcuffs so I'm not sure how long it'll be before Cody can escape from steal leashes as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home