Cody's Life

Tuesday, May 23, 2006





Cody and Miya

It's been awhile since I've mentioned Miya, and given that she is the dog that Cody spends the most time with, she deserves more blog mention. Miya is the black Portuguese water dog that colleagues of mine have. She's about 2 weeks younger than Cody and they pretty much grew up at work together.

She spends about 1-2 hours a day with Cody, either in my office or my colleague's office. When Cody escapes from my room, it's predictable that the first place he runs to is Miya's room. Even if she's not there, he'll sniff around, just in case.

Cody and Miya play like siblings, or comfortable companions. If they aren't together, they try to go to each other's room (When I pick up Miya from her office, I don't even need to leash her because I know she'll try to run straight to Cody's room.)

However eager they are to greet each other, within 2 minutes, all the playfulness is gone. They each find their own chew toy in the room and sit a few feet apart from each other chewing on their respective toys. Sometimes, I have to look away from my desk to make sure they are still in the room because they are so quiet. Once every ten minutes or so, one or the other will get up and try to take away the toy that the other dog has. They may play tug of war or a casual chase around the room for a minute, but then will settle back down with their respective new chew toys.

Sometimes, if they are feeling feisty, they'll follow each other around the room at a casual place for a few minutes. Rarely will they play like normal dogs. I think they've just gotten used to each other. When they were both new to each other, they played a little bit more. Now they're just an old comfortable couple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home