Cody's Life

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stupid People Contest at the Dog Park

Here are the contestants from this morning's dog park visit:

Owner 1: Wearing work/nice clothes when the ground is VERY muddy.
Owner 2: Brings treats and gives treat to owner's dog and expects that other dogs won't beg or jump
Owner 3: Bring BREAKFAST and expects that dogs won't beg or jump while the owner is eating it.
Also throws balls in the direction of other people and narrowly misses hitting them.

I admit, I am one of these owners (the first one). I have sometimes gotten burned by dressing nicely and then finding dirty paw prints on my clothes from jumping dogs, but I'm too lazy to bring my work clothes to work and changing again. What can I say, I like living in a world of risks.

I've never seen such other stupid people all at once though. Especially Owner #3. Owner #2 may be excusable if she didn't expect other dogs. Honestly, it's still stupid
to feed the treat to the dog with so many other dogs around. Then again, she was dressed in sweats so even if they jumped, she didn't have too much to lose.

I have NEVER seen anyone bring people food into the dog park. It's plain stupid. Regardless if you thought other people or dogs would be at the dog park, you don't EAT it with 6 dogs around and then get angry when they are jumping or begging for your food. I mean, come on .... the majority of dogs, however well-behaved at home, LOVES people food. Especially when you bring people food to a place that they consider their domain (such as the dog park), you really can't expect to be left alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home