Cody's Life

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Feeling Connected

Since my post about optimal Cody placement on my bed, Cody has since changed his sleeping habits. He breaks it out into 3 time frames:

1) Bed time. This lasts anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. He will start sleeping on his pet crate pad that is next to my bed. He gets pretty cranky around this time and will be guarding some toy or pig ear if you even try to pet him. Sometimes he'll growl even as I'm passing him to get to my bed.

2) He loosens up and then jumps to the foot of my bed or on the vacant side of the bed. If I'm still up reading or doing Sudoku puzzles, he'll still jump to my bed. If I make any movement at all during this time, he'll hop off immediately and guard his position on his pet crate pad. Once he actually falls asleep, all is good.

3) This happens around 4-5 in the morning. He'll get up and find his new optimal position on the bed. This position is usually pressed tightly next to me. Sometimes, he'll wiggle into positions such as on top of my legs, or between my arm and body. This is usually very uncomfortable for me, so in a half-sleep state, Cody and I will alternate between him finding a place to be pressed against me, and me moving away from him. We probably do this maneuver about 5 times each until I get tired of it and make us get up for the day.

Yes, it is possible that Cody is just cold and needs to press against me to feel warmer. However, I have tried to place a blanket over him, and he just ends up lying on top of it rather under it. It is sweet and as I mentioned before, maybe it helps decrease my blood pressure by having him around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home