Cody's Life

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Solace

A member of my family passed away yesterday and I left Cody under the care of co-workers and a neighbor. When I picked up Cody at my neighbor's, it was comforting to have him there. Luckily, it was not was of his cranky, growling days. Although he doesn't know what's going on, it's nice to have him there to comfort me.

In general, I'm not in too much of a mood to talk to people when things like this happen (I need to process my emotions), but it helps a lot to have just a cuddly friend to support you whether or not you want to talk. Also, there isn't any awkward silences that you have with human friends when they don't know what to say.

Anyways, thank goodness for loving pets to help you through tough times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home