Cody's Life

Friday, November 03, 2006

Puka Dogs!

The whole Halloween theme reminds me of a treat that Cody and I both enjoy. They are Puka Dogs. Puka Dogs are Hawaiian-style hot dogs. They basically take a veggie dog or a polish sausage and stuff it inside a hollowed-out Hawaiian bread roll. It's only open on one end so they fill it with tropical relish (I recommend half mango and half papaya) and ketchup and/or mustard (I recommend no ketchup and using the lilikoi mustard. It's delish!). Oh, and the "spicy" garlic lemon sauce is the best. I tried the hot and the hothot which are both good, but it does take away from the flavors of the relish and the mustard.

Here's the menu in case you like to see what your options are: http://www.pukadog.com/menu.html

Right now, they're only located in Poipu, Kauai, but I had at least one a day when I was there. They had some dried puka dogs that they made into dog treats that I was able to take back to California. Cody loved them!

Here is the photo album of the puka dogs (real dogs) that people submitted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home