Cody's Life

Monday, October 30, 2006

Graduation!

Cody officially graduated from Intermediate puppy class. That means that he should be coming when he's distracted and doing all sorts of distraction-related activities. He actually went through a test which he did well on. This was the trick:

1) He had his Gentle Leader on during the test
2) We ran for 2 hours right before class

In general, he has gotten better. Not perfect, but he occasionally will come back when he's distracted by other dogs, especially if he thinks I'm going to leave him (I'm taking advantage of his fear of abandonment).

We're going to practice a bit more and then start some agility or good citizen classes after we master the distractions.

By the way, Happy Halloween! Cody and I did dress up for Halloween, but as our cameras are still under repair, I'll post the pictures as soon as my friends send me their pictures of him. If you have any Halloween pictures, please share them here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home