Cody's Life

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bladder Control Testing

The problem with bladder control testing, or testing the limits of bladder control, is that the consequences are not pleasant. In the past week, however, I have determined that Cody's bladder control can last for at least 8.5 hours. That is, he did not have an accident when I forgot to take him out for 8.5 hours. This is great news for me because I have a back-up plan now for the winter. As the winter months approach, I can't consider leaving Cody in the backyard since it will rain. Previously, if I left him inside for that long, I would need to worry about accidents. Now, if I can't take Cody to the office, I don't need to rely on PlanetPooch, PetsMart, or any other day care to take care of him.

If I can do this all over again, I think the timing of Cody's birth (December 6) was perfect. While winter was ending in the beginning of 2006, I didn't have to worry about exercising him too much because he was too small. If I needed to leave him in the car to prevent accidents, it wasn't too hot. When summer came, he was ready to run or exercise more, and he was able to stay in the office for a long enough time for me to go to meetings. Anyways, it's great. I just need to hope he doesn't get any bladder infections again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home