Cody's Life

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Convenience of PetsMart

For the first time tomorrow, I will pay for Cody to attend PetsMart day care. In the past, all his other stays have been "paid" via coupons or gift certificates that I had earned or received. Cody went to PetsMart on Monday and will be attending for the second time in a week tomorrow.

While I'm still concerned that he may catch another disease, I feel like I'm more prepared. I also feel like although they aren't entirely careful, he did not receive kennel cough during his other stays there.

Why is he going when I dislike PetsMart day care and think it inferior to other day cares (See Review)? Well, a "pro" point that I mentioned in previous posts is that it's convenient. This week, I have more trainings and meetings that normal and I would rather not burden my co-workers with the responsibility of a puppy whose energy levels range between mellow and, well, very far from mellow. Actually, Cody's time at PetsMart yesterday helped with my decision to let him go again. Amazingly, Cody was tired after this visit. I heard he made a new friend and probably spent a lot of energy wrestling with her. Also, he did not have any accidents today even after spending a day at PetsMart where he needed to eliminate indoors. I still would prefer PlanetPooch over PetsMart when it's possible, but as I made the decision last minute this evening, PetsMart was the best option.

Worst case scenario, these visits will help develop his immune system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home