Cody's Life

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cody's Diary for 10/7

Wow. I am 10 months and one day old today. What a big boy!

Mommy normally takes me for a walk, but we had to go into that yucky car. I hate that car. It makes me sick, but I like sticking my head out the window, so I guess it's ok.

We went to a place where there were lots of other cars. There were nice people there and they were very friendly. There was even a person who is going hunting in two weeks. I wish my mommy could hunt! I sure like finding and chasing those birds. We left the car there and walked around in this different neighborhood. I liked sniffing all the new smells. Everything was so interesting that it was hard to pay attention when my mommy was talking to me. Sometimes it's easy just to tune her out.

Even though I did nothing special, I had a new treat today during our walk! My mommy got me something she called a "hot dog". I don't think it looks anything like me or any other dog I've met so maybe I misheard her. It was a little hard to eat, but it was sure tasty. I don't like chomping on food like some of my friends do. I just ate small bites of the hot dog since it was kinda weird to eat. The "bun" was a lot easier to much and chew in one piece than the "hot dog".

We walked back to the place where the cars were, but I don't think our car was ready. While we were waiting, my mommy tried to make me stand and sit while she was far away. I don't like it. Usually when she yells, it's because she wants me to come near her. Every word out of her mouth seems to be "heel" or "come" so I don't understand why she would want me to just stay far away and sit or stand or lie down. I was getting a little tired of the game after awhile, but I did enjoy some of the treats from the bag since I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon.

When we finally got the car, I had to say good-bye to all the friendly people there. I thought we could finally go home, but mommy had another idea. We went to the fun store where lots of other dogs go. I was really excited, but then mommy put my Gentle Leader on. I hate the Gentle Leader. It makes me sad when I have it on so I wasn't as excited to jump around and explore when we got into the store. I saw a good friend of mine, Max, who seems to be there every time I come to this store. I wasn't able to spend very much time with him because almost immediately, mommy made me go away and walk around the store saying "heel" and "come". See what I mean? You'd be confused too if she gave you commands that didn't involve going closer to her.

Anyways, after we walked around the store (thankfully, mommy let me sniff around a little bit), we went to an empty aisle and practiced the same thing she practiced earlier that morning. She would tell me to stay and then walk away. I was too tired to second guess her so I just stayed. She then tried to tell me to sit and stand when she was on the other side of the aisle. I have no idea why she would want me to do that, but I did what she asked.

After that, Hallelujah!, she took off the Gentle Leader. There were a lot of yummy smells with which I wanted to have a closer smell, but I don't think mommy liked that. She tried to get me to do the same tricks again, but I was getting bored, and those smells were beckoning me!

I think mommy gave up so we got back together with Max (I think he was supposed to do the same thing I did but in another aisle). We didn't stay long after that. I wanted to play with Max, and Max certainly wanted to play with me, but him and his mommy left so we left too.

I'm super tired. I normally don't spend all morning walking around, performing commands, and experiencing new places and people. I'm going to go lie by the glass door and take a nice long nap so I can have some energy to play and run with mommy later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home