Cody's Life

Monday, December 18, 2006

Treadmill for Cody

Last week, I wrote about how Cody was without many days of hard exercising. Over the weekend, I decided to take advantage of a sale at Sports Authority and bought a Horizon DT680 treadmill. I basically chose it because it was the quietest one they had that was at a decent price. I bought the treadmill for 2 reasons:

1) Cody can use it when it's raining and both of us are too lazy to get out and get wet.
2) I can use it while watching TV.

You may ask if Cody can really learn how to walk/run on a treadmill. Before I made the purchase, I snuck Cody in the gym in our apartment complex. I held his leash and straddled him on both sides so that he would stay on the belt. (Initially, he'd have his front legs on the belt and would get confused as his legs started moving without him). I started him very slowly and he seemed to get the hang of it. He started walking slowly at the same pace as the treadmill. I think it was promising enough to think that I can train him even better over time. I'll keep you all updated on the progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home