Cody's Life

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Knowing One's Own

The big question on my mind is, how the heck does Cody know which toys and items are his?

Whenever I come back with a big pillow, he somehow only sleeps on the ones that I bought for him, rather than other pillows that I buy for myself.

In the same way, I have a big basket of junk. Some items are his, and some are mine. If he's bored, he'll look in that pile of junk, and always find some toy that was meant for him. Granted, he also finds things like clothes or shoes that he thinks are his, but for the most part, he can usually identify the items that have been reserved for him.

Food, on the other hand, is a little more difficult. I actually think he knows what food is his, because that will always be the food he has the least amount of interest in. I can have the most disgusting human food on hand, and he'll prefer it over any dog food there is.

If one wants to be logical about it, Cody probably senses something about items that are his. I probably introduce it ("Cody, I got you a new bed!") or I don't yell at him if he chews, plays with, or lies on his own stuff. It's probably the idea that if it's too easy to play with or use, it's probably meant to be his. Unfortunately for me, he enjoys challenges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home