Cody's Life

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

First Taste of Chocolate

Last Friday, I accidentally left a small cup of chocolate-covered espresso beans on my desk. What that means is when I left Cody alone, he snuck in and got some. Amazingly, he did not tip over the cup, nor did he finish off the whole cup. In fact, I almost thought someone else at work ate a couple of the espresso beans.

Since there were only a few, I was not too concerned about the chocolate factor. There were a few symptoms that he exhibited. The main symptoms are hyperactivity, diarrhea and vomiting. Since he's always hyper, I really can't tell if that was from the chocolate. On Saturday morning, he did experience the other two symptoms which helped verify to me that Cody had stolen the espresso beans. Luckily, he didn't digest the espresso beans (can you imagine what Cody would be like caffeinated?!?!), and he was fine by Saturday afternoon.

I have noticed that Cody has been more stealthy in his attempts at stealing food. Before, he would knock over the food container and gobble up all of it. For the espresso beans, and a bowl of bones I had been saving for him, he left the cup and the bowl in the same place and stole just a few of them so it would more likely escape notice. Now that I know his new method, I wonder how much food I've "shared" with him lately... I'm going to have to start putting security systems around the food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home