Cody's Life

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Gourmet Diner

Cody is 47 lbs today. And almost 7 months old. I have started him on this Nutro Ultra Puppy Dog Food. Which basically means that it's $45 for 35 lbs of food. He loves it. I've never had to hide food from him since he never likes to eat it. However, he tried to get into this bag of food. I bought this type because it guaranteed a shinier coat. Since we run outside quite a bit and he has dry skin, I thought this would help.

Since I would rather not pay that much, I have hit a compromise. I'm mixing his current food with this new food so it's only slightly expensive - His regular food (Nutro Natural Choice) is $31 for 44 lbs of food when it's on sale.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    I've found that the brand of food doesn't have a significant impact on the coat, but supplements do. I fed Nickey that same brand before, as well as other premium brands (he's on Wellness now) and his coat wasn't anything special until I began supplementing it. Missing Link, flax seed oil, or coconut oil-- I'm using coconut oil now and it works great! Snowball also is fed coconut oil and SJ says it has made a very noticeable difference.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home