Cody's Life

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Post-Mortem on Cody's Surgery
Day 1 After Surgery

I called the vet at noon yesterday and everything went fine. Apparently the lab that also got neutered was able to commiserate with Cody after their surgeries.

When I asked if Cody was sleepy or konked out, the receptionist laughed. Given that Cody had the same spirit, energy, and strength when I picked him up at the end of the day, I didn't feel so guilty anymore.

Here were post-surgery instructions:
1) Use the cone if need be (future post to come with pictures)
2) Give him a very light meal (in case he has digestion problems. Later that evening, he did have diarrhea so this advice was useful)
3) Don't exercise him too much (I'm completely ignoring this as Cody is still as hyper as ever. I tried to lessen the exercise, but he just wanted to bounce off the walls)
4) No baths (or immersion into water) for the next few days (4-7)
5) Check for redness, swelling, and discharge. Call vet immediately if something bad is happening.

Yesterday, while he was sitting next to me in the car, he fell over. He reminded me of a student trying to stay awake in class and nodding off. Cody quickly woke back up and a few minutes later he decided to lie down and sleep. A wise decision.

Today he seems perfectly normal, so things look good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home