Cody's Life

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Growling Pains

Remember my post a week ago where Cody was upset with me for leaving him in the car? Well, he has started growling quite often now. I may have misread "being upset" with "Terrible Twos". He has started growling and biting me whenever he's tired. It happens at 6am when he wakes up to wake me up, and rapidly runs into his crate. He won't come out to go to the bathroom and any attempt to coax him out brings out a fierce growl from him. I'm not entirely sure his purpose for waking me up if he doesn't actually intend to be taken out, but he sure likes the growling. I've started taking my spray bottle with me in hand when I open the door so he can get a nice spray of water once he starts growling at me.

The worst is when he is at the dog park, after an hour or so of play. He'll start getting tired and gets possessive of any item he can find to put in his mouth. I have quite a few cuts from trying to take things out of his mouth. Of course, he'll be moody in the car ride home, and try to bite me when I make him leave the car. I think I'll need to have a water spray bottle attached to my hip for the next few weeks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home