Cody's Life

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Psycho Dog

As Cody is trying to dig down to China through the carpet, I thought I'd share a nice friendly "psycho dog" story and a not so friendly one.

A couple of days ago, I took Cody through a car wash. Boy, was it entertaining. It was worth the $7, even if it rained the next day. Through every cycle of the wash, Cody would turn his head in every which way to see what was happening. He would bark a few times, and start to quiet down after he got used to that cycle. That would last about one second. Then, the next cycle of the car wash would start and Cody's crazy behavior would happen again. It was truly fun to watch at the end of a long day.

Cody's growling has been happening more consistently, but more predictably. I tried to techniques that the trainer had recommended, but it's easier said than done. My natural urge to not get punctured prevents me from reaching my unprotected hand out to a possessed, demonic dog. Luckily, I have a blanket at work that I can use to protect myself since heavy gloves or metal armor weren't in hand.

My co-worker noticed that Cody tends to growl more when he feels cornered. The problem is, when I try to approach him when he's in a bad mood, he'll only try to run to a corner. Chicken and egg problem. He also gets a lot of visitors at work during the day so he may not be sleeping as much as he should. It's like one of those tired toddlers that get cranky, but won't sleep. He's getting his "snip-snip" operation next Tuesday, and he'll be getting his last set of shots this weekend. I hope to take him to doggy day care a couple of times a week so perhaps they can enforce a more regular playtime and naptime. I'll cross my fingers and hope....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home