Cody's Life

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Barking Collars

No, it's not one of those evil, shocking kind of barking collars. It's one of those kinds that spray some Citronella when the dog barks. And supposedly the dog hates it. I received it yesterday and it seems to only work some of the time. I've since tightened the collar a few times and I think it may be the right fit now. Having it work just sometimes doesn't help reinforce his association of the spray to a bark. Of course, it doesn't help when I forget to turn on the bark "listener" on the collar.

Tip of the day: Take some time to try to make sure that the collar works consistently. Also, I hear that training them earlier than later helps them learn to stop barking (rather than learn to avoid the spray or to get the collar off)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home