Cody's Life

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Command me!

An update on the training: so far, training (well, except for potty training due to the infection) is going well. He definitely knows "crate" since I started giving him treats after he goes in. Now I just suggest "crate" and he'll look all over until he can find the crate.

Sit is the second best command he has learned. I can give him the command remotely. I started teaching "lay" until I realized I'm using the wrong verb. I'll switch to "down" tomorrow (but I'm also combining the verbal commands with hand commands so it should be relatively easy to switch). He also is working on "heel," "wait," and "come", but being a puppy with a short attention span and eager to check out different things, he's not so great on those commands.

Of course, "Go potty" and "Go poopie" is troublesome lately since he's always needing to go out.

By the way, I think he's getting better (with the help of the antibiotics). He slept for 4 hours straight last night which I appreciated.

Tip of the day: Buy a portable radio and tune it in to a talk radio show. It'll help the puppy feel better if you're away (especially if you cover the crate so he can't really see if you're there or not.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home