Cody's Life

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Crate or Pet Bed?

I haven't figured out what Cody likes. At home, he CLIMBED over the 26" play pen to escape because he hated it so much. In the office, he loved the play pen and chooses to go in there when he wants a break. At home, he HATES the crate. He will scramble anytime I put him anywhere near it. However, when we're going in the car, he gladly jumps into the crate and has a hard time leaving it when I arrive at my destination. Of course, he may feel safer in the crate given my more aggressive driving behavior.

Things are going ok and I think I have his schedule down. He's warming up to other dogs and he's had some fun with some of them. And I'm working on teaching him how to sit. It's a bit hard to train him since he doesn't like eating so he's not motivated by treats. Praise works pretty well though. It may also be the treats I'm trying. I'll keep on trying different ones.

Here are some other random tidbits that I haven't mentioned yet:

1) He hiccups all the time
2) He snores when he sleeps
3) Cody LOVES tummy rubs.
4) I'm allergic to Cody. (It's weird because I lived with another Vizsla for 3 years and had no problems)

Tip of the day:
Allergy medicine is a gift from God.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Every dog I've ever met goes absolutely crazy for a) pig ears, b) Puperoni, or c) string cheese. Try (a) and (c) for training. You could also try liver snaps-- basically something EXTREMELY tasty and aromatic to a dog. Dry biscuits- not so much.

    -Christine :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home