Cody's Life

Monday, July 10, 2006

Second Phase of Training

I was getting Cody's expensive food at PetsMart and they had a special for obedience classes. If I signed up that day (I know, it's the typical sucker promotion, but I planned on signing Cody up for intermediate classes anyways), they would give me 2 free doggy day care days.

I signed Cody up to start intermediate classes in August. I also bought Cesar's Way. Cesar Millan is the famous Dog Whiperer (he has his own TV show on the National Geographic Channel). He is a "dog psychologist" and has rehabilitated many dogs and trained many dog owners. Anyways, I hope that in reading the book, I will learn a little more on how dogs work and what they need. Of course, the first chapter talked about how he spends 4 hours a day exercising his dogs. Which clearly I'm not going to do. But I'm sure the other chapters will give more doable tricks.

I still think that part of my problem is taking him to work where he has too many distractions. He is much more behaved on weekends where he sleeps/relaxes a ton (and exercises more). I brought his crate to work in hopes that he will be less distracted and can be more easily forced into naptimes. We'll see if it makes a difference...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home