Cody's Life

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dog Greetings

Cody is all about etiquette. Proper doggy etiquette, that is. Whenever I come back home or to my office, Cody will make sure he picks up his nearest toy or treat and bring it over. He will do this with any guest as well to make sure they feel welcome. This greeting is similar to him saying "Hi, you're important enough for me to get up, look for a treat, pick it up (no matter how long or cumbersome it is to pick up), and come over to you while holding it." Please do not confuse it as "Welcome, I have brought you my most prized possession as a gift to honor you." But of course, if you accidentally misread his intentions as the latter, he will correct you by turning his face away and helping you follow through with the next proper etiquette step of petting him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home