Cody's Life

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

77lb Vizsla

On Saturday, we met a HUGE 77 lb. Vizsla. That used to be 82 lbs (the owner had recently put Dante on a diet). When I first saw Dante, I freaked out. I mean, Cody is already more than I can handle (he outruns and outpulls me any day), and if he doubled in size, well, he'd be able to knock me over.

I'm 5 feet tall (well, not even that tall if you want to be precise). The reason I got a Vizsla was to get an energetic, playful, intelligent dog that was MEDIUM size. My definition of medium has been stretched recently, but it does not encompass the 80 lbs range.

Dante saw a bird and jumped over a 4 foot fence (the fence at the dog park). Oh boy. So now my new prayer is that Cody is normal and doesn't exceed 60 lbs. Maybe if we all pray together, he won't exceed what my books say is "average" Vizsla range (45-60lbs for males). Since he's already 43 lbs and only 6 months old, I'll be realistic and not hope that he hits the 45lb side. But please please please, nothing over 60!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home