Cody's Life

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Crate-free

Lately, Cody has been a little grumpy in the mornings. Also, since he likes to sleep in weird positions (usually stretched out), he isn't able to fully stretch out in his crate.

Last night, I decided I'd try to see how he'd do without the crate. I put his crate away and left his pet bed in the same location. He was able to sleep right away. The only problem is is that he woke up at 1 or 2 and put his front paws on my bed. I think he just wanted to play, but I let him out to use the backyard anyways. After he finished doing number 1 and number 2, he came back inside. I went back to sleep and let him do what he wanted.

I think he went back to sleep on his pet bed and woke up around 6am. The only reason I wasn't sure is because he entertained himself until about 7 when he started whimpering a little in the other room. I heard his whimper and woke up, and found him sitting next to the sliding glass door to be let out.

He was pleasant and "normal" this morning so other than the midnight restlessness, I think I'll continue to let him sleep without the crate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home