Cody's Life

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Going Under Cover

For the last few months, it was raining pretty hard in Northern California. Since Cody hates the rain, we kept our activity mostly indoors. When he has to go potty or poopie, he will duck under some awning, hugging the wall so he can get as little of the rain on him as possible. Since no one's a fan of the "wet dog" smell, I don't complain (plus, I don't have to bathe him as often if he doesn't get muddy).

Since I've come back from New York last week, the weather has been gorgeous - exactly the kind of weather one would expect in California. Since Cody and I go on our long runs on the weekends, I noticed that he's gone back to running from one cover to another - to seek the comfort of shade. Since he runs considerably faster than me, he will run along ahead to wait for me under the next shady area. A brief respite from the sun for him.

Of course, he only goes "under cover" when he's in the middle of something - whether it is eliminating or walking. When he's lounging at home, one of his favorite pastimes is just laying out in the sun, or by the window where the sun is pouring in. Life is certainly good when you can have choices like that.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger margaret said…

    To venture a guess,you love dogs.I am fourtunate to be exposed to dogs and horses both very special to me.You have a fun blog and I look forward to reading more.maggie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home