Cody's Life

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Little Monster

Right after my flight arrived, I rushed to work to see my little Cody. He seemed to have grown so big in the past few days! He had changed a bit and the little rascal has developed new issues:

1) He has a few more scratches. I think this is due to more play time with other dogs that may not be as well groomed as Cody. I file Cody's nails every week and I have heard that other dog owners do not. Who knows. Some of those scabs are on the top of his body so I'm not sure where they would come from.

2) He doesn't like his crate anymore. I need to bribe him more than normal to get him in there.

3) He's not scared of the kitchen anymore

4) He likes to jump on furniture (though he's doing it less now and remembering that it's a no-no)

5) He's much more milder. He slept all day today. Granted, I heard he kept the puppy-sitter up quite a bit, so he may just be catching up on sleep.

We also tried putting medication in his ear. He was squirmy, but not belligerent until I put in the ointment. I have many new wounds on my hands due to his bites, but last night I purchased a muzzle so I can be wound-free for the next applications.

We had the second-to-last obedience class yesterday. Cody was a brat, as usual, but I did learn something interesting. When a dog has to work hard (such as heeling or being extra obedient) they need to shake it off by shaking their head or body, or running around the room. This explains why he always runs around the room like a crazy dog after our morning "heeled" walks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home