Cody's Life

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cody's 5 months old yesterday!

He had his first trip to the beach. I used a non-digital camera so I need to finish the roll before I can see if the pictures are any good. Here's a recap of the last 3 months with Cody and where he's at now.

He has calmed down a lot (when we were running today, people were commenting at how "well-behaved" he was for a 5 month old.) I think he is play acting "Good Dog", but I can always hope it's permanent. If this is permanent, I would give credit to Cody feeling more comfortable napping during the day in the office now (before, he would get too excited about what's going on), and better weather so we can exercise/play more.

He's also more confident. On Friday, I took him to the dog park and 3 larger, aggressive dogs ganged up on him. I was pretty upset at the owners as they did not call of the dogs. However, I was not too worried about Cody as he normally will crawl between my legs when he feels like he needs protection from me. After cowering a little bit, he fought back and was able to hold his own.

Here are our accomplishments to date:
All shots are completed
Started attending Doggy Day Care
Completed puppy classes (thinking about agility training next)
Got neutered and microchipped
Has Pet Insurance
No more accidents (can hold bladder for at least 4-5 hours)
Comfortably plays in the large dog section of dog park
No more aggressive biting
Silent commands mastered (sit, down, stand, High 5)
First visit to a beach

Still working on occasional barking
Still working on jumping on people
Still working on heeling
Still working on rolling over (silent and voice)
Still working on recall ("come" command when he's distracted)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home