Cody's Life

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yeast Infection In the Ear

We went to the vet again because gunk in his ear was dark and smelly.

Apparently, he has yeast infection. The doctor gave me a new cleaner with special yeast-fighting formulas (I used to wash his ears once a week with another cleaner) and an ointment that combats the yeast. I learned one thing though - the ear canal is set up differently than humans so you can't really go too deep with the cotton swab. And, the ear canal is deeper so gunk may be forming farther than one can see with the naked eye.

Since I'm in NY (5 days without Cody!), one of my colleagues will be puppy sitting. It'll be ok (I hope) since he knows her and she'll be staying at my place so his environment won't change. I just feel bad that she'll have to get him to hold still for the ear cleaning and ointment application for each ear every day. I'll owe her big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home