Cody's Life

Friday, April 14, 2006

Rose by Any Other Name

Now that Cody's been at work for a few months and have been called a variety of nicknames, I wanted to test it out to see what he really will respond to.

Yesterday, when he was lying down and resting, I first called "Cody". He turned his head. I thought, "Hmm, maybe he'll respond to anything." Then I tried "Fatso" which is my colleague, Leslie's name for Cody. No response. I tried "Boo Boo" which is Carolyn (another co-worker's nickname) and no response again. In secret (so I don't embarrass him too much) I call him "Honey Bunny" so I tried that, and he responded. Hooray! At least he knows the names I call him. The question is, does he associate "Cody" and "Honey Bunny" to him, or to me? For example, if Leslie called him "Honey Bunny", will he respond? Or will he respond to "Fatso"? I guess that'll be the next test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home