Cody's Life

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Chewed out

This will be a rant. I got chewed out today by some random person at work for leaving Cody outside. Here's the background:

I had a meeting in another building so I took Cody with me and tied him to a tree outside. The place I left him was half in the sun and half in the shade. I also left him a bowl of water. The temperature outside was in the low 60s.

I was actually only in the meeting for about half an hour (I was late and I left early) so when I came out of the building to get Cody, I couldn't find him. That was when I saw this random woman with Cody. She promptly began to scold me about how I should leave a blanket out and he was cold (the sun passed the area so the sunny part where I left him was no longer there). She then assumed that I left him there all day and scolded me on that point. She also said that he was unhappy (well, of course Cody will be unhappy if some random stranger taunts him with affection and doesn't unleash him - it has nothing to do with the weather) I was so furious that she made all these assumptions. I just said that it was only half an hour and just took Cody and stormed off. Who is she to know or make asinine assumptions about how long Cody was there and what he was thinking?

Wow, I understand caring about dogs and making sure that there is no abuse, but situations like this make me disappointed in pet owners.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Hi, I'm going to NY this weekend, but I'll try to bring Cody over the week after. He's gotten a lot bigger so you might not recognize him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home