Cody's Life

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Presentation is everything

Cody is apparently finicky about where he drinks and from what containers (or any).

In our long hikes, I would bring a travel bowl so Cody can drink water from it. However, he would always knock the bowl over and try to drink from the water fountain, regardless if he can reach it or not.

At home, he would try to drink from the travel containers that I left in his crate. In the same way, he'll only eat from the travel container in his crate. (He doesn't have a choice at work)

This morning, I was trying to coax him in eating in the bowls I left in the kitchen. He came by, sniffed, and proceeded to walk away. In the process, he knocked the bowl over, and suddenly the food was like manna from heaven. He couldn't gobble the kibble quickly enough. Of course, he didn't touch the few pieces of kibble left in the bowl.

Short of just feeding him from the ground, I just shake my head and hope he grows out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home