Cody's Life

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dogs Playing Poker

I play poker with co-workers every Wednesday night (so if you are one of my publishers, friends, or family, you know you probably won't be able to reach me then).

I always thought it would be a great idea for Cody to learn to play poker. Or more specifically, for him to climb innocently on a co-worker's lap and signal a nod or a lick for face cards. Then again, since Cody wags his tail so violently when he's happy or excited (to the point where his whole lower half of his body wags with his tail), we probably don't need to figure out a secret code.

Yesterday night, I realized that there's another level to think about for dogs playing poker.

Since I have issues insisting on "alpha-ness" upon Cody, I've been thinking about it more recently. In poker, there is also that sense of "alpha-ness" or "respect" among your fellow poker players. Every call, raise, and re-raise asserts "alpha-ness". It's just an interesting insight. Hopefully it will help me in my own games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home