Cody's Life

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Motion Maladies

Here is yet another way that Cody and I are alike or have grown more similar.

Remember how Cody drools in the car? Well, one of my friends (the owner of Phoenix) had suggested that Cody was getting motion sickness. After a couple of days of errand-running with Cody (and how he vomited all afternoon after one of these errand days), I was more and more convinced that she was right. However, there's not much I can do about it (though I had read somewhere that you can give Bonine/Meclizine to your dog to help this problem with vet approval).

I have always had some motion sickness problems. For example, I can never read in the car, and I need to take motion sickness medicine if I have to drive on curvy roads. Dramamine never worked that well with me (I was known to vomit with only Dramamine in my stomach), so last year I switched to Dramamine II/Bonine/Meclizine. It worked very well last year and I was able to go on dive boats with no problems (even on crossing rough channels). This year, nothing worked. I doubled the dosage that I was taking, chewed on ginger pieces, had solid foods before I left the dock (and limited the water/liquid amount) and I was still sick. This may be karma getting back to me as I should have stopped taking Cody on errands in my car ages ago. Hopefully, I'm even now so when I go on a dive boat next time, I might be able to enjoy something other than the horizon. (And I'll also try getting a prescription for that patch option).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home