Cody's Life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cody's Back!

Cody and I slept for 6 hours during the day as he was recovering from all the energy he spent while at day care for the last 11 days. (I was recovering from a red-eye flight).

He seems to remember all his commands and is a bit mellow since he's still tired.

One worrisome item is that he had some pretty deep scratches and wounds while he was at daycare. In the past, I've allowed Cody to get scratches while I'm gone since he tends to play rough and get scratches normally. However, the bleeding and wounds he has now are a bit extreme for normal play. They are as if he was pushed into a nail or bitten. The people at PlanetPooch said that they didn't know how he got it, but that alone makes me worried. He wouldn't have gotten these on his own and it seems he would yelp when it happened. His biggest wound happened on Saturday supposedly, and it's still bleeding off and on when he licks it. I've always trusted PlanetPooch in the past (they did apply antibiotics so the wound is not infected), but maybe they're too overstaffed to be able to prevent real dangers. As I had my own bad experiences in Hawaii with life threatening diving situations (Kona Honu Divers were not equipped for emergencies or problems), I think that it's critical to be prepared for accidents even if they don't happen that often. Just once is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home