Cody's Life

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Feeding dilemma

Here's the problem:

Cody eats twice a day - once at noon, and once late at night
Cody doesn't really like to eat ... ever. (I free-feed him)
Cody can't eat when there are distractions
Doggie Day Care is one Gigantic distraction. (They will feed him food if I bag his food and give it to them, but once again, why waste food when Cody won't eat it?)
I feel guilty when he doesn't eat for 20 hours straight.


Here is what I figured out as my solution:

I started buying wet dog food. I won't use all of it, but just enough to mix into his food in the morning, before we catch the Doggie Day Care Shuttle. This way, he'll actually be tempted to eat it, and then he can eat again once he comes back from the day care (though he normally won't since he's too tired) .

Since I only do this once a week, it's enough to make him excited enough about his food to eat it in the morning, a little earlier than he's used to eating it.

Lessens my guilt anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home