Cody's Life

Friday, June 09, 2006

Sleepovers at Planet Pooch

Now that Cody's been home a couple of days, I can give a better review of how he did at Planet Pooch and sleepovers.

Planet Pooch's sleepovers work like this:

On the day of the sleepover, the dog must attend doggy day care at Planet Pooch (I assume this is to tire him out). I leave bags marked with the amount and the date/time Cody should be fed (this is hard since I free-feed Cody and there aren't set times that he's used to eating. However, I did leave him 2 cups for an AM feeding and 2 cups for an evening feeding). Planet Pooch itself is closed overnight and on weekends. The sleepovers are actually sleepovers with one of the staff members of Planet Pooch. They make sure that they are consistent with how you are raising the dog (Pee commands and if that dog is allowed on the furniture).

On weekday mornings, Cody is brought back to Planet Pooch to have play time with his friends again. All in all, I think it's a great way to board a dog. It's not as traumatic since he actually goes to someone's home. I also know that they took great care of him because he's come back tired, happy, and still remembers all the commands he used to know (didn't develop any bad habits). In fact, he's even barking less (without the bark collar)!

For more information on the sleepovers at Planet Pooch, visit http://www.planetpooch.com/sleepovers/index.php.

At this time, a sleepover (by itself) is $15 per night, made payable to the dog sitter (Planet Pooch staff). Also, it's $30 per weekend day for the dog sitter (since Planet Pooch isn't open on weekends). They also have holiday surcharges of $25 for each holiday day, but I didn't have to pay that since he stayed during normal days.

The above is in addition to the Doggy day care rates which is $35/day (or $495 for a 20 pack which is what I got or $295 for a 10 pack).

So it turns out to be about $40-$50 for a weekday/night and $45 for a weekend day/night.

I also paid $35 to get him groomed (I normally groom him on weekends but since I was away I thought it would be nice to get him professionally groomed this time. Once in 4 months isn't bad just to see if he needs any trimming on his short coat). They have different prices for different breeds (different grooming needs), but it's definitely nice. He still smells great and his coat is really soft. The toe nails look really nice (better than when I do it). My only complaint is that Cody's right ear had some black gunk. I hope that doesn't mean it's getting infected again, but it doesn't look that bad yet. It probably was from visits to their pool, but I wish they had done some cleaning on it since it had black gunk the night I picked him up.

All in all, really good. Expensive, but at least you know your dog is well taken care of and really, who can put a price on that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home