Cody's Life

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dog parks and Socialization

Cody went to his first dog park today and he had a blast. He loved playing in the "small dogs" area since he was bigger than all the pugs and other dogs there. I tried to see how he would do in the "big dogs" area, but he immediately hid in the corner with his tail tucked. Later on, when the biggest dogs had left, I brought him back to the "big dogs" area, and he felt much more comfortable. He still preferred the "small dogs" area, but I like giving him the opportunity to meet dogs big and small.

Today was his grooming day as he was all dirty from playing in dog heaven (the dog park). I finally made the mistake that I had feared - I cut into his quick. However, it just bled a tiny bit, and it didn't seem to affect his attitude towards clipping nails, as he allowed me to cut the rest of his nails after the mistake. The yelp scared me more than him I think, but he'll be ok.

Tomorrow will be our first obedience class. The first class is the one that only humans attend, but it'll be interesting to see how I've been doing. Given that he's pretty obedient and seems socially adjusted, I think I'm doing ok, but we'll see.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger CarrieM said…

    how old is cody and how old was he when you first introduced him to a dog park?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home