Cody's Life

Friday, March 16, 2007

What a Pig!

Last Sunday, a friend and I took Cody on an off-leash hiking trail to Mission Peak in Fremont. I had his backpack on so he can carry his own water. To make a long story short, Cody decided to emulate how pigs cool down - can you guess what he did? Yup, he rolled around in cow dung. With his backpack. His head, collar, and backpack was covered with a thick layer of manure about an hour into a 3.5 hour long hike (round trip).

I know what you're thinking, and yes, "ugh" doesn't quite capture it.

I had a pack of Kleenex, and we had used grass to wipe some of the stuff off from him and his backpack. Luckily, by the time we completed the hike, Cody and his backpack dried off (and we placed an old bed sheet in the car to let him lie on it.)

Even though our hike was not ideal, Cody had a blast (until he realized he had to take a bath two days in a row. According to Murphy's Law, since Cody bathed on Saturday and I had applied his topical tick prevention medicine, that on Sunday he was bound to do something that would require me to bathe him again).

Anyways, the lesson learned is that I may want to check for bovine presence if I ever take Cody off leash :P

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That happened to Nicky last spring but with skunk poop at my mother's pristine house... after just being groomed the day before. What a bad smell and what a mess to get off of her. I really do feel your pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home