Cody's Life

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cody's weekend

Apparently this weekend has been tied up with Cody-related events. Yesterday morning, Cody and I went running on a hiking trail with another Viszla-owner and Vizsla. Cody had a blast running around off-leash, bouncing in and out of bushes. The downside is that the trail had poison oak and some ticks. Luckily, we were able to pick off all the ticks, and he didn't have any poison oak that rubbed off on me. The crazy thing is that it was so cold that when I got back to the car at 8:30 (in the morning), the sweat on my hair was frozen in clumps. Cody didn't seem to mind the cold as he had too much fun.

In the afternoon (after Cody had slept all day from the 1.5 hour run), we met a bunch of Vizsla owners at Gunn high school. There were 11 other Vizslas and Cody had so much fun. I brought his favorite squeaky ball that he showed off to all his new friends. He was willing to share it once in awhile, but the ball always ended up back in his mouth. Even though he had seemed tired after the morning run, he had enough energy to play with everyone for another hour and a half.

Cody slept all day today, so I got the chance to run some errands. I had made a playdate for Cody with a new friend of his, Suki. Suki is just a couple of months older than Cody, and they seem to get along. Suki is much more obsessed with birds, and loves to swim after them, but they like to run together and wrestle slightly. We went to the Campbell Dog Park and the Percolation Ponds so that they can run off-leash freely. I know that I should be taking pictures, so I'll make sure I bring my camera during the next play date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home