Cody's Life

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Long Day

Today was a super long day for Cody and I. As I am writing this, Cody is conked out on the carpet in front of me.

This morning, we had to meet at 7am with the Team in Training group to run 8 miles. With Cody, I did 8 miles in an hour and a half, which is slightly over 11 minute miles. Considering that I always went slower than that, I think it was a good accomplishment. What also felt really nice is that I was not last in the pack. Although I started as one of the last people, my endurance outlasted at least most of the other women that were running (I stopped to walk for 3 minutes total, and only after running over 6 miles straight).

We had a person who specialized in sports injury prevention speak to us after our run. He showed us different stretches and sold some Styrofoam rollers to help us stretch some areas (like the IT band!). I've been wanting to get a roller for awhile, so it's helpful. Also, there were some stretching techniques he showed us that I hadn't heard about before.

After a couple of other errands, Cody and I had our 4th agility class. I know I haven't spoken about the agility class yet, but I plan on writing a long, very detailed (and very negative) review of the agility class. Considering we waited 8 months to finally attend this class, well, words don't really quite describe how poor the class is given my expectations.

Anyways, we had agility class for an hour. Cody had fun as he was able to go on tunnels and up seesaws and tables and go on surfaces he hadn't tried before. Since I had been training him on playgrounds and on the treadmill and other things, he was able to pick it up pretty well. The only problem was telling him to go to a certain location since he was more interested in greeting other dogs than coming for a treat or toy (unless it was another dog's toy).

That's it. This is probably an abrupt ending to a post, but I'm just plain tired and Cody napping is giving me some good ideas (after a good shower - unfortunately, it'll have to be cold because they recommend cold showers after workouts to help the muscles recover).

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Wow. Your training is really paying off. Endurace and pacing are so important, and you really seem to have those solid. Congratulations!

    Do you ever have trouble managing blood sugar levels? That's my main concern when exercising.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home